By Romana Cvitkovic
Just in time for the tennis season’s second Slam of the year, the adidas team has revealed the fashions that will be on display at Roland Garros for their top athletes, including Ana Ivanovic, Fernando Verdasco, Andy Murray, Gilles Simon and their youngest sensation, 21-year-old Arantxa Rus from Holland.
A few things of note:
1. I like lime and I like orange, but I’m not fully sold on the combination for Ana Ivanovic’s dress. Even with the red clay, it might be an eye sore…
2. Fernando Verdasco’s face in his second photo below is absolutely priceless. Compare that with the first saucy photo, and I laugh every time I see it. But somehow both are fitting for his personality.
3. Arantxa Rus looks like a mini-Wozniacki in these photos, but I love the air around her as a player. Great potential, and the yellow and blue kit combination with the ruffled tank works. I also LOVE the accents on her shoes.
4. Andy Murray, is that you? Looking more like a gladiator than a tennis player, he doesn’t have a knack for posing. While I like the orange shorts, the grey color seems a bit too muted on him.
5. Andrea Petkovic, oh, how I miss you … already. Skipping Roland Garros to nurse an injury, her blue and orange kit will probably be worn by Maria Kirilenko among others, but the German’s fire will be missed in Paris.
6. Gilles Simon’s baby blue collared shirt looks more fitting for Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, but I’ll let it slide because of the Frenchie smile.
All in all, the kits and colors look great and I’m excited to see them on the red clay of Roland Garros. For larger higher quality photos, click on the photos to expand.
(photos courtesy of adidas tennis)